Sunday, April 18, 2010

Part of a much bigger plan...

So we all know it, or at least have felt it at some point. We are just players in a master plan. Well I think we"ve just been played. To catch you up here is what happened...When we planned on going OTR I applied for all kinds of jobs that would let us stay in our RV. Then the deal on our house fell through so I started thinking that all this FOTR business was insane and would never work. Just when we had decided that, okay it was a great thought but we should just count our blessings and stay put, I received an email that I thought I would never get. Sometimes when you apply over the Internet for jobs it's fun to throw in one of those dream jobs just for kicks, you know, the ones you really don't expect to get a call from but it's fun to think, for the amount of time it takes to post your resume, that you might have a chance. In this case it was a job working as a nurse for an Easter Seals Camp.I love to work with people of different abilities. I have always felt deep down that this was what I was supposed to do in life. So when I called back it started to sound like maybe I really could get my dream job. What else could I do, I packed up the family and my poor husband and he drove 12 hours to take me to an interview with the nicest people I have ever met.
I had to explain to them that I don't have the rv and therefore I can't accept the position and they said that's okay. They generally only provide housing for the nurse but they are willing to accommodate our entire family. After spending the day we knew we had no choice this is the way I am supposed to go. This is what my family is supposed to do. We accepted the position and now we just have to find a way to make it work. Well, when you follow the Master plan things work out in your favor. On the way home from the interview we received a phone call that we had another offer on the house. Gee, we could take the offer,buy the rv, and hit the open road just like we had planned! NOT A CHANCE, you just don't mess with the plan

2 comments:

  1. That's great that it all worked out!

    Still waiting for soemthing to work out on this end...

    www.athomeonwheels.com

    ReplyDelete